About Me

My photo
This, friends, is my attempt at a photo-a-day blog. Here is my life, in a series of pictures, a few comments, and some blog entries. I began this journey on January 1, 2010. And here, it continues...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

#158/365--Surprise Editing, or 18 on My List of 40

In my defense, running a mile outside before I turn 40 (in 51 days), if I haven't done it yet, and my birthday is in the hottest part of the summer, and I have no physical training for endurance...is a bit of a stretch. And besides, this was WAAY more fun. Also...to quote myself at the end of my #93 blog, "above list can be amended--feel free to add your ideas to my list!" In that case, I took it upon myself 'to amend' my own list and here it is. Number 18 on my list, previously, "Run a mile," is now "Meet someone famous." This, even though you may disagree, is NOT cheating.

Today, while dining at Firehouse Subs, in walks this cute family. A grandpa, a little boy about 3 or 4 years old, a mom with a stroller, a grandma, and a dad. We are all fascinated with the little boy because he is an absolute cutie pie, stopping at our table a couple of times to look at us and smile. Then, Mikey says, "That's a pitcher for the Rangers...Colby Lewis, I think...nah...maybe not." Now, we are turning our heads, looking, while googling on the iPhone for images. You know, people just look a bit different with their baseball hats on, and today, Mr. Lewis wasn't wearing his Rangers hat.

Oddly enough, the family sits beside us, while the dad and son sit a few tables back (the tables only seat 4 and there weren't tables together). The family beside us talks to the point that we can eavesdrop--which I, very unashamedly, did. I heard baseball mentioned. I heard triple A mentioned. I heard moved here in 2003 mentioned. I heard, "how's his arm"....all the while my kids are giggling and saying, "ask mom ask." At this point, after many picture comparisons and taking turns to have a glance at Mr. Lewis, I turn to this very nice family and say, "Excuse me, is Colby Lewis your husband?" BAH! Mrs. Lewis was very kind. She said yes, in fact, he was her husband and told Mikey to go back and shake his hand. I asked if he would mind taking a picture with us and she said no of course not. So...
I've never met anyone famous...not that I remember anyway. He was very kind and shook all of our hands. Then we, very quickly, left. I did apologize for interrupting his lunch--to his wife. She told us it was part of the job....besides she could tell we were Rangers fans.
Go Rangers!!

2 comments:

  1. So fun! What a good brave mom too... you had to take one for your kids. ;) And I still think you could run that mile my friend... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my - did you tell her you even had your family pictures take at the Ball Park!! :) LOL
    OH my word... I love your spirit!! :)

    ReplyDelete