About Me

My photo
This, friends, is my attempt at a photo-a-day blog. Here is my life, in a series of pictures, a few comments, and some blog entries. I began this journey on January 1, 2010. And here, it continues...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, February 6, 2011

#37/365--Public Service Announcement

Grown-ups have tantrums, too.  And, thus, here is mine.
I have lived here...



...for almost 5 years.  As you notice, I have a corner home, which means a bigger, private yard.  And also, a private side yard.  And also, a green belt between myself and the neighbor in the next set of townhomes.
The green belt isn't MINE.  It's a great place, however, for the kids to play--Mikey and his friends, especially, LOVE it for the spacious area in which they can play multiple sports.

Unfortunately, the entire neighborhood seems to think this is the place they can come and use as the "community doggie toilet."  When I say, "the place," I don't just mean the green belt.  They also feel free to use my private, side yard. 

Forgive me. 

 Isn't it a common courtesy to pick up after your dog in a public place? 
In addition, one would think it is also a common courtesy to pick up after your dog in a private lot.
In the nearly five years I have resided here, this has been an issue.  There have been poopy soles of shoes.  I have scooped numerous bags of poop not belonging to my doggie.  In the summer, as the hot, Texas sun heats up the multiple piles of excrement, the aroma is not pleasant.

When I arrived home from church this afternoon, and saw the pile of poop by the sidewalk leading up to my front door--on my private, side yard--the straw finally broke the camel's back.  Out loud, to no one, and very loudly, I stated, "Please scoop your dog's poop!!"  And just in case my animal-loving neighbors didn't hear my plea...


If you, too, are an animal lover, and have a pet all your own, please take something away from my tantrum today.  Please carry a plastic bag with you.  Please scoop your dog's poop.  Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. Personally, I like the rhyming element. You make me laugh - Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a city ordinance where you live and they could be fined up to $500 for that. BUT good luck in catching them...LOL. I think you should post a sign in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these people need to have poop thrown all over their yard, personally. I too find that irritating. It doesn't happen very often here, but it does occasionally. I also hate finding it on my runs. Maybe there's a way to hook up a plastic bag dispenser like they have at our lake so people will scoop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh..
    my...
    word....
    sounds like you were pooped out

    ReplyDelete