About Me

My photo
This, friends, is my attempt at a photo-a-day blog. Here is my life, in a series of pictures, a few comments, and some blog entries. I began this journey on January 1, 2010. And here, it continues...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, July 31, 2011

#214/365--Sleepless Under the Stars, or 11 on My List of 40 Things

You might think camping during the last weekend of July, in Texas, as a not-so-wise idea.  I would normally agree with you.  But we had great weather...for the most part.  The first night, there was a breeze and we had a fan in the tent so it got a little bit chilly in the middle of the night.  The second day, we had cloud cover and a breeze and it felt really nice out.  Later in the afternoon, the heat set in, after we got back from floating the river.  The breeze died.  It became a little bit warm.  So much so that when we went to bed (early because we were exhausted) it was hard to breathe.  We had to lay very still as we drifted between sleep and wake.  Most of us didn't sleep well at all.  Again, sometime in the middle of the night, it got cold.  Eventually, right before dawn, I got up and went outside and slept in my folding chair....Thus...my sleeping under the stars.  Literally.
I even covered myself with the beach towel.
Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment