About Me

My photo
This, friends, is my attempt at a photo-a-day blog. Here is my life, in a series of pictures, a few comments, and some blog entries. I began this journey on January 1, 2010. And here, it continues...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, July 18, 2011

#198/365--Reunited, and it Feels so Good, or 37 on My List of 40 Things

I wish I had taken more pictures.  Time just seems to slip away when you are having a great time...and I really can't say this enough.  My heart truly was overflowing this weekend. 

Now, you see, this is the first time I've seen my dad's family since his memorial service just about 4.5 years ago (has it really been that long?)  I knew it would be emotionally hard on me because, well, it's my dad's blood!!  And like my cousin, Traci, said, "You just know a Leamon when you see one." 

I say emotionally hard...but I mean that in a good way.  I needed to feel close to my dad again.  I miss him terribly.  When you lose someone, the grief sneaks up on you and then it also slips away from you.  That grief is both a sad, terrible thing, and a good, cleansing thing at the same time, so the slipping away part can be a little scary.  I am not sure I can explain this.  Somehow, the grief connects you with the dead.  As if they are there again, in spirit.  And it was just good. 



What's more, all of the cousins' kids had a blast!
So. Much. Fun.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. SO glad it was a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 - love you... love your posts...made me cry...

    ReplyDelete