About Me

My photo
This, friends, is my attempt at a photo-a-day blog. Here is my life, in a series of pictures, a few comments, and some blog entries. I began this journey on January 1, 2010. And here, it continues...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

#209/365--The Death of Me, or 6 on My List of 40 Things

Running a mile.


Before....
(yes, my eyes are swollen...I'm up at 6a.m. in the heat of summer,
 to run a mile...even my body knows I'm crazy)

The track....Bell High School

After...
(still swollen...better go get some coffee...maybe that's just what happens at 40?)

Thanks to my friend, Alysa, for your encouragment!
We walked a lap to warm up.
We ran two laps until I almost died.
We walked a lap in the middle.
Then we ran two more laps.
And, lastly, we walked 3 (or was it 2?) more for good measure (actually to cool down).

This isn't my favorite type of exercise.
That's all I will say.
My body is aching so very bad tonight.
Ouch.
But I did it.
I ran further than I ever have.
And even though I didn't do it all at once...
it still felt good to accomplish something that I didn't think I could do.
I told Alysa that maybe...just maybe...I'll train with her to do a 5K...
maybe.



2 comments:

  1. You almost did a 5K today for crying out loud! Yay you! I am so proud of you and SO glad you tackled it and didn't just switch it up on your list. Wahoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. again... you are inspiring! :) love it

    ReplyDelete