About Me

My photo
This, friends, is my attempt at a photo-a-day blog. Here is my life, in a series of pictures, a few comments, and some blog entries. I began this journey on January 1, 2010. And here, it continues...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

#109/365--Soccer Storm

Lauren is playing soccer for her school team (as well as, rec soccer) and yesterday was their first game.  I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to the game because traffic was insane.  But sitting in traffic gave me the opportunity to watch the weather begin to develop...and the closer I got, the uglier the sky became.  This is what the sky looked like, once I arrived at the field...

...and this was my Soccer girl on the field...already playing...with the sound of thunder in the background...which indicated lightning was near...
The principal came out--about 5 minutes after I got there (enough time to see my girl play for a short bit--because she was pulled for a sub, also about 5 minutes after I got there)...and he informed us that the game had to be cancelled due to a thunderstorm warning in the county (headed our way).  At this point, I signed Lauren out, drove her to her dad's, and headed home, myself--knowing full well to expect a nice present from my sweet dog.  About 5 miles from my house, the hail began...
...it was only pea-size...but it sure sounded like someone was pounding a hammer on the G-6.  Luckily, no damage done to the vehicle.  But, there was a nice little gift from my Sandy girl...I thought it might be ok if I didn't post a pic of that...  :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for not posting Sandy's gift. :) That storm was scary. Our sirens were going off over here so I started clearing out a closet, just in case. Glad the G6 didn't suffer any damage. But even if it did, it would just add to it's character.

    ReplyDelete