About Me

My photo
This, friends, is my attempt at a photo-a-day blog. Here is my life, in a series of pictures, a few comments, and some blog entries. I began this journey on January 1, 2010. And here, it continues...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, January 29, 2011

#29/365--When They are Home

I got the best night's sleep last night.

After awhile, when you are divorced, you get used to sharing your kids and the limited time you have with them.  What I mean to say is...you never like it.  But you adjust.  It becomes your normal.  Their normal.  Two houses.  Two families.  Two different bedrooms.  Two places to lose your stuff.

This week, since I was sick, Lauren and Mikey's dad and myself decided it was probably in their best interest for them to stay over there all week instead of come into contact with my germs and risk getting the horrible, wretched, evil, life debilitating, life sucking, life draining flu.

If you are reading this, then you probably also keep up with my facebook, and know that it was a rough week for me.  In addition to all the flu issues, I had trouble sleeping.  This is bad news because you know that when you are sick "they" tell you that "rest" is what is best for you.  Ha.  Where was this rest?  I couldn't find it anywhere.   Wednesday night was the worst.  I was awake all night.  I sympathize with you insomniacs.  Sleepless nights are terrible.  I tossed.  I turned.  I got up and went down to the couch.  I watched t.v.  I dozed during episodes of "The Wonder Years," and "Doogie Howser," and "Family Ties."
Thursday didn't lend itself to much improvement.  I felt much better after taking different prescribed medicines and resting in the afternoon.  But Thursday night, more of the same.  Tossing, turning, punching my pillows, praying.  I also found out from Franco (my ex) that Lauren had gotten a stomach virus.  This added to the thoughts that were going through my head (If you're a mom, you know how moms like to hover over their sick children--even if they are sick themselves). 

Finally, Friday afternoon, my kids came home.  We spent the evening on the couch watching movies and then went to bed early. 
And.  I.  Slept.  Like.  A.  Baby. 
Completely rested, undisturbed, sleep.
I trust that my kids are well-taken care of when they are at their dad's.
But it gives me such peace and comfort when they are here, under my roof.

All is right in my world.  Mostly.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! While I can't relate totally I do know what it feels like when I am away from my babe. I am so glad that you have your loves back and are getting some rest. Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! Glad you're getting some rest now that they're home. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny - how us moms are... about our babies... no matter how old they get - we just can't rest without them.

    ReplyDelete