About Me

My photo
This, friends, is my attempt at a photo-a-day blog. Here is my life, in a series of pictures, a few comments, and some blog entries. I began this journey on January 1, 2010. And here, it continues...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, January 17, 2011

#17/365--One Year

If you've followed my blog, and my life, for the past year, you know that I've been trying to lead a healthier lifestyle.  I love food.  I love chocolate.  I love mochas. 
I love margaritas, tacos, chips, salsa. 
I love food.

Because I decided I'm not going to quit eating, I decided that I needed to exercise and monitor my caloric intake.  This is a hard task during the school year.  Time is limited and priorities are as such that exercise is the first to be elminiated.  Also, it is difficult to always remember to enter my food for the day to be sure I am within my calorie range.  I will say that over the summer, despite vacations, I pressed on.  And I pressed hard.  I exercised a lot and I was strict about my eating. 

Needless to say, you may have noticed that it's paid off.  I've lost a total of 20 complete pounds (and I could say 25 but that last five will not stay gone...so...that's my next goal).  I've lost about 2 inches in my waist, 4 inches in my hips, 2 inches in my thigh, about an inch in my upper arm, and 3 inches in my chest.  That's a total of 12 inches over my entire body.  Almost 2 sizes in jeans/pants.  From an XL in shirts to an L.

If you know me at all, you know that I used to call my treadmill, the "dreadmill."  You know I was once the biggest couch potato of all.  I just did not have an ounce of energy.  I was tired (actually, I'm still tired.  That could be attributed to the fact that I will be 40 this year, or that I teach five-year-olds all day and then come home to a teenager and a pre-teen...or all of the above?).

Now, I enjoy working out.  I especially love being tortured by Jillian from "The Biggest Loser."  I still love food, but I think I'm better able to monitor the amount that I eat,
I can limit my portion size.
In short, a lot has changed.

One year ago, I posted a picture of myself as I began my workout journey.  I even titled the entry, "Journey."  That is exactly what it has been, and what it will continue to be.  I didn't do this as a short term answer.  I wanted long term health effects.  Thus, I continue this adventure.  It is a slow journey--rather, a pilgrimage, if you will...as you can tell by the pictures below--the evidence isn't extreme...merely, slight. But it is a journey I feel I must continue to pursue.  Here's to good health in 2011!

January 18, 2010

January 17. 2011

4 comments:

  1. You can tell!! You look GREAT!! So brave you are to post a before and after picture!! You are going to turn 40 into FIT AND FABULOUS FORTY!! What an inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Janelle! You are looking fabulous and I hope feeling just as good! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing!!!! I'm really proud of all you've accomplished in just one year.Can't wait to see what this year bring you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you coach me? This is my nemesis, as well!

    ReplyDelete