About Me

My photo
This, friends, is my attempt at a photo-a-day blog. Here is my life, in a series of pictures, a few comments, and some blog entries. I began this journey on January 1, 2010. And here, it continues...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, September 11, 2011

#255/365--Remembering 9/11


I bought these coffee cups right after 9/11/01.
They were made specifically for the relief efforts:
(as stated on the bottom of the cup)

10 years ago.  Michael was 1 1/2.  Lauren was 4.  It was my first year teaching full-day Kindergarten at Roquemore Elementary in Arlington.  I don't remember much about that day.  I remember being told what was happening, trying to get the news on our Kindergarten tv (without cable), kids being checked out of school early, me wanting to go pick my kids up from the sitter. Just an overall sense of fear. 
We will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. :( I BET you wanted to go and get your kids! What a terrible day, and yet an amazing day as well. So many superheroes disguised as regular Americans... gotta love that.

    ReplyDelete