About Me

My photo
This, friends, is my attempt at a photo-a-day blog. Here is my life, in a series of pictures, a few comments, and some blog entries. I began this journey on January 1, 2010. And here, it continues...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, September 3, 2011

#246/365--Frogs

You might ask me when I first developed my admiration of frogs.  I like alliteration.  And I needed a cute mascot for my classroom, so, I became, "Franco's Frogs."  I never really had a liking for the actual animal...I mean, I didn't have a disliking for them either.  I was rather ambivalent toward them.  No, not even that.  I was just plain indifferent. 

Then, one evening, my friend, Lesley, explained that the acronym F.R.O.G. meant, "Fully Rely On God."  Pretty neat thought.  It's the way I try to lead my life...even though, obviously, sometimes--most times--I completely forget that God is in control, and try to manage situations myself--often getting myself into much bigger dilemmas than if I had actually stopped to pray and remember to F.R.O.G.

Recently, I bought my class pet frogs.  They are African Dwarf Frogs.  Itty bitty.  Adorable.  Totally increasing my affection for the amphibian.  Which brings me to yet another reason I have an increasingly tender heart for frogs.  Amphibians can live in and out of water--"amphi" means, "both sides."  I just really appreciate that frogs can handle water and land.  Symbollically speaking...dry and wet...storms and droughts...such is life.  It seems that frogs totally get, "F.R.O.G." 

And there are other symbolisms.  You could google it and so very much comes up...frogs are symbols of joy, transformation, cleansing, luck...I especially like the "transformation" part.  Seems this is the stage of life I currently find myself in. 

And I hope that as I come through this process, this season, that I come out an amphibian of sorts.  I want to be able to weather "both sides" of life with joy, Fully Relying on God. 

I couldn't resist--here's the latest of my "frog collection."  It's a tattoo.  Left shoulder, about the size of a baseball.  Very much represents me, I think.  My favorite.
F.R.O.G.
<3

3 comments:

  1. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! - the blog, the tattoo and YOU!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Your blog is interesting...I am following Your blog!

    ReplyDelete