About Me

My photo
This, friends, is my attempt at a photo-a-day blog. Here is my life, in a series of pictures, a few comments, and some blog entries. I began this journey on January 1, 2010. And here, it continues...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, October 20, 2011

#294/365--Missing

Going in through the garage this afternoon
(so I could bring my trash cans in),
I stumbled upon this...
...it's my dad's softball glove.  My mom gave it to Mikey after my dad passed away.  I guess it's been here...just stood out to me today for whatever reason....particularly my dad's handwriting.  I just paused a moment and stared at it, thinking (in my perfect Kindergarten teacher's voice), "He used a capital letter at the beginning of his name and the rest of the letters are lowercase."  Always the teacher.  So was my dad.  I got a little teary-eyed thinking about the connection this gave me to my dad...that he actually wrote his name while he was still living...I miss him.  And it strikes me at such random moments.  I guess what strikes me (and warms my heart) is that this glove has been used recently (due to it's placement in the garage), which makes me realize my kids are trying to keep the connection with Papaw also. 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment