About Me

My photo
This, friends, is my attempt at a photo-a-day blog. Here is my life, in a series of pictures, a few comments, and some blog entries. I began this journey on January 1, 2010. And here, it continues...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, December 16, 2011

#349/365--Growing Up, Too Fast

Although he is standing on the curb, none too soon he will be this much taller than me.  And I am bitter about it.  Well...bitter and proud mixed together.  Bitter and proud and happy.  And sad.  What are all these mixed up emotions I'm going through?  This was his last elementary Christmas visit from Santa in the helicopter.  Doesn't really seem like a big deal.  I mean the kid hasn't believed in Santa for a few years.  That must have been bittersweet in and of itself...except, I don't remember it happening.  Much like these past few years.  Kindergarten seems like it was yesterday.  And already, on Christmas Eve, he will be 12.  Twelve.  A whole dozen years ago...and it's all happening gradually--yet, too fast.

Thankfully, the guy on stilts was not here for the Santa visit this year.  (See last year's blog- http://jnelmo1.blogspot.com/2010/12/351365-stilts-freak-me-out.html - for the reference, if you don't know me.)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's already in 6th grade either! Bittersweet for sure! I guess this means we're getting older too, huh? No bueno!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture!!! I can NOT believe he is in 6th grade! Whoa! Too old, too fast. :(

    You look lovely, btw!!

    ReplyDelete