About Me

My photo
This, friends, is my attempt at a photo-a-day blog. Here is my life, in a series of pictures, a few comments, and some blog entries. I began this journey on January 1, 2010. And here, it continues...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, April 3, 2011

#93/365--40 Before 40

Everybody's doing it!  Oddly enough, I've been hearing, a lot lately, about people who are choosing to do "special number"  of things before their "special number" birthday.  Ok, ok.  I'm in.  I'll do it too.  Matter of fact, I already started.  Here's my list of things I want to do (some, for the first time, others--maybe just haven't done in a LONG time) before I turn 40...on July 28...2011...
1. Get a new tattoo (yep. I did this one last Friday!)
2.  Plant a flower bed/garden (yep.  I did this one, too! What?  No!  That's not cheating!)
3.  Cook a 4-course meal
4.  Sit behind home plate at a Rangers' game
5.  Learn how to play racquetball
6.  *edited:  run that mile after all.
7.  Try brussel sprouts (nope, to my knowledge, I never have...)
8.  Sing horrible karaoke
9.  Learn how to play chess
10.  Travel alone (get away by myself)
11. Sleep under the stars (preferrably, in a hammock, but...you know...I love stargazing, moon watching)
12.  Go somewhere I've never been (somewhere interesting, exotic...fun...)
13.  Dance in the Rain
14.  Try caviar
15.  Go out dancing (it's been awhile...)
16.  Go see a musical/theatrical production/etc
17.  See an outdoor concert
18.  *edited--meet someone famous!!
19.  Watch a foreign film (subtitles and all)
20.  Read War and Peace  (or some equally long, epic-type novel; recommendations welcome!)--I'm counting Harry Potter by the way...War and Peace--ZZzzzz.  Sorry, Mr. Tolstoy.
21.  Fill and hang those picture frames that have been sitting in my closet now for almost 6 years
22.  Paint my bedroom; re-decorate/re-carpet some areas of my house (thanks to my recent flood, this will be happening very soon!)
23.  Play BINGO (this # was edited and altered due to further considerations--previously "ride all roller coasters at 6 flags."  Considering this was something I have done in the past, and after being invited to play BINGO at a FOR REAL BINGO hall, and I've never done that...well, as you can see, there was no doubt what I had to do!)
24.  Paint a picture
25.  Go to a wine tasting
26.  De-clutter my house (read: excavate my children's bedrooms)
27.  Wear my hair curly (use my old 1980's curling iron...)
28.  Make/complete a scrapbook
29.  Plant a tree (yeah, I'll need a bit of help with this one...) Maybe I cheated a little on this one, too, since I donated to https://www.americanforests.org/
30.  Take a dance class
31.  Volunteer at homeless shelter(volunteer tutoring at Union Gospel Mission of Tarrant County)
32.  Take family pictures
33.  Go to the drive in (yep, there's one in Granbury!) We went to a Drive-in located in Ennis, TX.
34. Spend one day unplugged (no technology whatsoever--yeah that's a stretch; I'll need plenty of time to prep for that one!)
35.  *edited--Go camping
36.  Reinstate "high/low" at dinner time with the kids
37.  Go to Family reunion and reunite (!!July, baby!!)
38.  Laugh really hard until I cry (yep, I did this with Lauren last weekend...but I'm all about doing it over and over again!)
39.  Float the Guadalupe River
40.  Learn how to juggle

So there you have it.  It's kinda simple.  Stuff I think I can accomplish.  I figured I'd start small, but I already started a "50 before 50 list"--it's a bit more radical...but, hey...I have ten.5 years!


"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."--Helen Keller
It's coming and there's no escaping it.  I might as well get used to it and enter my old age with grace.  I have two reasons (above) to live life to the fullest!
(above list can be amended--feel free to add your ideas to my list!)

5 comments:

  1. Okay, have you ever seen Life is Beautiful?! My favorite movie. It's in Italian. Watch that for your foreign film if you haven't ever seen it. Cry, love it, and then tell me all about it.
    If you have already seen it then tell me how much you already love it. ;)
    Have you read Pillars of the Earth? Not probably the same as War and Peace (since people refer to that all of the time... maybe I should read it?) but it is 900 pages! LONG. Good.
    Racquetball - SO FUN!!! I am assuming you will be making many of these your "picture of the day" - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! Traveling by yourself is the best! I've been to Italy by myself and it was a blast. Come on down to the art room! I can help you with the painting one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and foreign film, The Motorcycle Diaries. Great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely LOVE this idea. Lots of fun things on this list. Can't wait to cross them off with you. Definitely along for the ride my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the list! I guess simular to my bucket list but with a deadline... :)
    I'll be glad to tag along for some of these items too! :)
    Does Bella count as a foreign film??

    ReplyDelete